Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2655
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to print as the computer is not recognizing the printer which IS online

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Give the HP print and scan doctor program a try, click here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have yet to resolve the issue.  I have tried everything.  Thanks anyway. 

HP Recommended

Is there anything else I might try as I am lost without my printer.  It is only 6 months old.  I checked all the older posts to see if there was anything. There was a member that said to make a .bat file and run it as administrator which I tried too but nothing.

Thanks so much, Anita

HP Recommended

You can try connecting it using the USB port.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Okay thank you, I will try that in the morning.  Appreciate your fast response. 

Sincerely Anita

HP Recommended

I was trying to get my printer working and I came apon a link to get my WiFi Direct PinCode for the printer and just out of the blue,  my printer printed the results off on a page....now if it is working for that, why is it not showing online for any of the rest of jobs I request.  Makes no sense to me.  Obviously it works.   Why would it work there and not here?  And I do not have the "print offline" option on.  So that is not it.  Confused and frustrated.  😞   

Thanks so much, Starshine

HP Recommended

WiFi direct is not the same as WiFi.

Did you try connecting using a USB cable?

HP Recommended

No I haven't as I need to find my USB cable.  But I am sure it should be fine once it is no longer WiFi, right?  Thanks so much for your help and wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to you and your family.  

Sincerely, Starshine1ca

HP Recommended

When you ran the doctor program did you see any errors or warnings displayed?

Happy Holidays!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.