Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032

Hi.  I own a Envy 5032 scan and print printer which has now changed to a scan only.    Please can someone advise how I can get it back to a scan AND print?  I'm really rubbish when it comes to technology.  I have tried the virtual agent which was useless and you can't get hold of anyone at HP with the current crisis.  I would appreciate any help given.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@A1ison

Welcome to the HP support community.

Are you getting any error message while printing?

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,  Thanks for responding.  The laptop has windows 10 which is up-to-date.  The printer itself has shown one minute it's on-line and then off-line but now completely off-line but the wireless symbol is lit up and working.  I can't print at all from windows.  My son can, but when he prints, it sometimes makes the noises that it is preparing to print but then doesn't do anything and then warns that the ink is low (it's not), you press ok on the printer and then it prints. 

From the last update when I look in settings it says its Scan only, do not delete.  Really not sure what's going on and because I'm not tech savvy I'm getting quite frustrated because I use the printer for my crafting.

I hope that makes sense?

Regards

HP Recommended

@A1ison Here's a list of steps that should help resolve the issue, once and for all:

Let's start with running the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: click here

try adding a TCP/IP port:

1.       Print a Network Configuration Report from the Printer Settings or Wireless menu.  

2.       Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.  

3.       Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.  

4.       Follow the instructions to add a new port using the information listed on the Network Configuration Report.  

5.       Try printing. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me and I apologise for not getting back to you sooner.  

I followed your instructions and the printer is still showing as scan only and now is trying to print from something called one note and not from windows 10.

I will give it another try but if it doesn't work, I will be getting rid of the printer and cancelling my subscription.

It is so frustrating.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@A1ison

Yes, give another try and let me know how it goes.

I will be more than glad to assist you if required.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.