02-26-2020 09:56 PM
When I print pages, the printout starts about 1/5 inch below top of page and all pages are off about the same. I am losing the first few lines on every page.
02-29-2020 01:01 PM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
I suggest you perform a Printer Reset and also ensure the Firmware us up to date
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Next print a Quality Diagnostic Page and let me know how it prints
Load plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray.
On the control panel home screen, press the Setup icon .
Press the button next to the Down Arrow until Reports displays next to OK.
Press the button next to OK to select Reports.
Press the button next to the Down Arrow until Print Quality Report displays next to OK, and then press the button next to OK. The report prints.
Figure : Example of the report
Keep me posted
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
04-07-2020 11:30 AM
Follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03944809 to clean the Printhead
Load plain, white U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the input tray.
On the printer control panel, press the Setup icon .
Press the button next to the arrow until Tools displays next to OK.
Press the button next to OK to select Tools, and then press the button next to the arrow until Clean Printhead displays next to OK.
Press the button next to OK to clean the printheads.
The printer cleans the printheads and then prints a test page.
Evaluate the test page for print quality.
Figure : Example of the printhead cleaning test page
If the print quality on the test page is satisfactory, touch No to return to the current print job.
If the print quality on the test page is unsatisfactory, touch Yes to perform a secondary cleaning of the printhead.
There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.
I Am An HP Employee