Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer (V1N01B)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As you can see from the below pictures, I am having trouble with the dimensions that HP is deciding to use for 10x15cm "photo" paper. for some reason, it will only fill to 9.41 x 13.36cm. As you can see, the "paper" dimensions are set to 10x15cm. I have been into advanced options, printing preferences and everywhere else I can think of to find an option to adjust dimensions and cannot seem to find an area that allows me to set the dimensions for photos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I am using the HP Smart software on both a laptop and mobile device.

Screenshot_20200709-165720.jpgUntitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cask-UK 

Not sure, of course - I don't have this printer.

I can offer the following observations which might be helpful...

This printer does not support borderless printing.

This means the image must be fitted inside the border section.

If the image is not the exact size to fit the paper, that is the aspect ratio of the photo is not the shape of the paper, the resulting borders might be uneven.  Edit controls might - or might not - be available to center the image. 

What to do?

Again, not sure - much depends on the capability of the printer to produce the image in the size and shape that you want.

In general, the edit / photo size / paper size selections are more complete using the Mac or PC (Windows) version of the HP Smart application.  In particular, the results are still dependent on whether the printer can do what you want of it.

Example - HP Smart for Windows - print photo

Reminder:  Not all printers support Borderless

Open the HP Smart for Windows application

Find / Select your photo for printing

Adjust all the settings on the main print menu

Open More Settings

Select a Shortcut

Verify / Adjust other settings

Click OK to exit the More Settings menu

Print your photo

HP_Smart_Borderless_Print_3.5x5_1HP_Smart_Borderless_Print_3.5x5_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cask-UK 

Not sure, of course - I don't have this printer.

I can offer the following observations which might be helpful...

This printer does not support borderless printing.

This means the image must be fitted inside the border section.

If the image is not the exact size to fit the paper, that is the aspect ratio of the photo is not the shape of the paper, the resulting borders might be uneven.  Edit controls might - or might not - be available to center the image. 

What to do?

Again, not sure - much depends on the capability of the printer to produce the image in the size and shape that you want.

In general, the edit / photo size / paper size selections are more complete using the Mac or PC (Windows) version of the HP Smart application.  In particular, the results are still dependent on whether the printer can do what you want of it.

Example - HP Smart for Windows - print photo

Reminder:  Not all printers support Borderless

Open the HP Smart for Windows application

Find / Select your photo for printing

Adjust all the settings on the main print menu

Open More Settings

Select a Shortcut

Verify / Adjust other settings

Click OK to exit the More Settings menu

Print your photo

HP_Smart_Borderless_Print_3.5x5_1HP_Smart_Borderless_Print_3.5x5_1

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the detailed response. Yes, it turns out that the problem lies with the printer's capabilities.

HP Recommended

@Cask-UK 

You are welcome.

Stay Safe.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.