Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 8610
Hello! While trying to set up my printer for wireless printing with windows (unsuccessful so far) my printer display is in another language and I haven't a clue how to get it back to English. Any ideas? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Once you click setup you just need to count the items down from the top:

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup (). The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Printer Setup, which is the first option that displays on the control panel. The Printer Setup menu opens.
  3. Touch Language, which is the second option that displays on the control panel. The Language menu displays.
  4. Touch your desired language, and then touch Yes to confirm. The Printer Setup menu opens in the new language.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve the incorrect language in your Officejet Pro 8610.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Hi Bob, Thanks for your prompt reply,however I do not understand it exactly. What "document" are you referring to and how do I access it? Thanks again......
HP Recommended

In my post above the items in blue are a link to the document.  Click on this and it will open the document in a new tab.

Alternately click on the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docume...

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

@1953Chevy

Please open the linked page provided by @Bob_Headrick

>> The troubleshooting steps in the document here <<

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
Hi Bob, Back again... I did access the language change document . I am able to get through step 1 as "setup" is teamed with an icon. Beyond that additional steps are still in a foreign language on the display,making it impossible to enter the additional steps described in the language change dirrctions.
HP Recommended

Once you click setup you just need to count the items down from the top:

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup (). The Setup menu displays.
  2. Touch Printer Setup, which is the first option that displays on the control panel. The Printer Setup menu opens.
  3. Touch Language, which is the second option that displays on the control panel. The Language menu displays.
  4. Touch your desired language, and then touch Yes to confirm. The Printer Setup menu opens in the new language.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your help.I am back in business. Display is now in english. Next I am going to tackle getting the printer to print in the wireless mode from my Windows laptop and Android cellphone. Wish me luck and thanks again for your help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.