Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2060

I have been using the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2060 for the past 5 years. I use the original HP Cartridges Black and Tri-color every time it needs replacement.  Today when I replaced the cartridges and install a new set, upon booting up, it prints the usual page wherein you need to scan the print-out to have better alignment during scanning.  I was about to hit the scan button when I saw a blinking light align on top of the black ink icon. This is the first time I saw this blinking. I tried printing but I can't.  Do you have a similar problem encountered?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AndyT555 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the black ink cartridge light is blinking.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Follow these steps to make sure that the cartridges are compatible with your product.

Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product, if the power is not already on.

2. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the product is idle and silent before proceeding.

3. Find the number on the label on the top of each cartridge.

4. Make a note of the cartridge number printed on the label of each cartridge, and then close the cartridge access door.

5. Refer to the list of cartridge numbers in the HP Sure Supply window. If either of the cartridge numbers is not in the list, replace the cartridge with a new one that is in the list.

For instructions on how to replace the cartridges, skip to the solution to replace the cartridges.

Step one: Clean the problem cartridge contacts

Follow these steps in the order given to clean the electrical contacts.

1. Gather the following items:

• Distilled water. Use bottled or filtered water if distilled water is not available.

• Clean cotton swabs or any soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the cartridges (coffee filters work well).

2. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves into the center of the access area unless there is an obstruction.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

4. Press down on one of the cartridges to release it, and then pull it out from its slot.

5. If the protective tape is still on the cartridge, remove it. Do not remove the copper-colored strip.

6. If you removed the protective tape from the cartridge, there is no need to clean the cartridge. Continue to the step to reinstall the cartridge.

7. Place the cartridge on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing up.

8. Dip a cotton swab into the clean distilled water, and then squeeze it to remove most of the moisture. The swab should be only slightly damp.

9. Clean the cartridge contacts.

10. Wait ten minutes to allow the cartridge and carriage to dry.

11. Place the cartridge in its slot at a slightly upward angle, and then press up and forward until the cartridge snaps into position.

• The tri-color cartridge () goes in the slot on the left.

• The black cartridge () goes in the slot on the right.

12. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

13. Close the cartridge access door.

14. Press the button next to OK on the control panel display ().

Step two: Align the cartridges

1. Lift the scanner lid.

2. Place the alignment page with the printed side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.

3. Close the scanner lid.

4. Press the button next to OK on the control panel display (). The product scans the alignment page.

5. When the Alignment successful message displays on the control panel screen, press the button next to OK on the control panel display () to complete the alignment.

Step three: Print a self-test report

Printing a self-test report verifies if the hardware functions correctly. Follow these steps to print a self-test report.

How to print a self-test report

1. Press the button next to Setup on the product control panel ().

2. Press the button next to Printer Report on the product control panel ().

The self-test report prints.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

If the issue still persists, please install the ink cartridge. Please refer the following link

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.