Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your answer.

HP Recommended
That worked great and was so easy. Thanks. Wally
HP Recommended

You are a wonderful resource.  Yukk to pulling out the manual.  Thanks so much!.... Murph5

HP Recommended

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:Hi Shlomi,

Thank you very much for your post!  After spending too much time in the documentation that came with the printer, the program for the printer, and online with HP without finding an answer, I googled how to set up the date & time on the printer and up pops your post.  I had my answer in less than 30 seconds.  Thanks again!!  How did you find this solution??  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.   

HP Recommended

I have the date and time set up on the control panel, but what I need is for it to print out on all my documents.  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much - so simple but needed the help!

HP Recommended

Many many thanks!

HP Recommended

I have a HP officejet Pro 8600 N911a series machine and I am not able to set date and time for fax verification.  I am not able to find the information to change those setting in the online manual.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

The answer is beyond ridiculous ... the printer is designed to work online and connect to your PC, preferably with a wired ethernet cord to your router if you want to be able to apply updates ... but given network connectivity to the Internet with time services all over the place, or on your PC, which knows the time as well, the only way to set the time is from the control panel ... scroll to setup, then preferences, then Date and Time ... somebody at HP needs to get a grip on what a network connected printer is really all about, we can print to it from anywhere on the Internet if we wish, but it does not know how to get the time from the Internet? Ludicrous!

HP Recommended

thanks for your help.  I will try on the control panel section

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.