Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7110
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When i first installed my HP OfficeJet 7110 printer right out of the box it got an error message when i first tested using the setup cartridges, saying "setup cartridge is leaking - BLACK".

I've searched over this forum for the same solution and end-up to one conclusion which is to perform a bypass for this setup cartridge process. The first solution which is to contact HP service center is almost impossible to do considering my current location which is located in rural area.

Please if anyone have any solution for my problem.

I'm really appreciate.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If this is a brand new product, contact HP Technical support # should be 1-800-HPINVENT and they should arrange to courier you a replacement cartridge.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

This is not a brand new product per-se. This printer had already been purchased by someone sometime ago in which they did't even open the box or use it until they handed me a couple of days ago. I realized this fact after seeing that the warranty date of the setup cartridges itself have already been expired (it expired june last year).

HP Recommended

please.. does anyone have any solution on how to bypass the cartridge setup.

any advice would be really appreciated.

HP Recommended

I've already ordered new set of HP OfficeJet setup cartridge of 933 & 932, and the error message still persisted, saying "setup cartridge is leaking - BLACK".

What on earth is going on with this new printer???

can anybody please enlighten me on this matter ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.