Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My deskjet 2620 is connected to my computer by wifi. On my samsung A51 smartphone I see the deskjet in de wifi available networks. But I can not connect my phone to this deskjet with the password of my router. The standard password 1…8 does work. But how can I change that password to a safer password so I can connect my phone in a safe way ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Still hoping for an answer ...

HP Recommended

@Nelleke2103

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Create a new password and change the printer name using the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS).

1. Connect your computer or mobile device to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct.

2. In an Internet browser address bar, type 192.168.223.1, and then press the Enter key or click or tap the Search icon.

Wi-Fi Direct IP address entered into the Chrome address bar

3. If a website security certificate displays, click Continue to open the EWS.

4. Click or tap Network, click Wi-Fi Direct, and then click or tap Status.

A message displays that you are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled page. Click or tap OK or Redirect to HTTPS. If a Your connection is not private message displays, click or tap Advanced, and then click or tap Proceed to [Printer IP address].

Opening the Wi-Fi Direct status details

5. On the Wi-Fi Direct Status screen, click or tap Edit Settings to make any changes, and then click or tap Apply.

Changing Wi-Fi Direct settings

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having trouble connecting to 192.168.223.1. Connecting takes too long so I get the message that the site is unavailable. I've been trying for 2 days now. Do you have the URL directly to the last page I need to make the change? That might help. Right now I'm stuck at https://192.168.223.1/#hId-pgWifiDirect

HP Recommended

@Nelleke2103

It seems like you are connecting the devices via wifi-direct. This is done only when you do not have access to a wireless router.

Note: There will be no internet access on the computer while connected using wifi-direct.

If the computer is not connected to the printer's wifi-direct network, you will not be able to reach 192.168.223.1. Make sure the printer and the computer are connected via wifi-direct.

On the printer's control panel, press the Wireless button  and the Information button  at the same time.

Both a Network Configuration Page and a Wireless Network Test Report print.

Bu this, you may check if the printer is connected to the wifi direct. Check the IP address and use it on your web browser to access the printer's EWS page.

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Computer and printer ARE connected wireless, but I still can't connect to 192.168.223.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.