12-25-2019 08:01 PM
printer give o for color ink cartage and will not print. try all resting steps but same problem. CAN PRINT SINGLE COLOR BLACK ink
shows x with circle on ink display. cartage is good. keep saying remove Carthage and reseat. many time no change.
12-28-2019 10:33 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Have you tried using an alternate/spare tricolor ink cartridge and check if the error persists?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 3 mentioned in this document. If the issue persists, it could be a defective ink cartridge.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
12-28-2019 11:45 AM
@laptopman586, that's unfortunate. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee