Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 8000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

Got some troubles here. My company got a dozen of OfficeJet Pro 8000, and since  3 or 4 months now, each and every one of them just seems to bug.

When changing the head cartridges, the alignement page doesn't get out...

If I try to launch it manually, it h=just print 1 cm at the begining of the page and stops here.

When my colleagues print something, this same 1cm page get out after their printing EVRYTIME.

I've tried everything from cleaning the printer from step 1 to 3, changing the head cartridge, launching the tests via the web page and manually pushing the buttons on the printer....

I think I'm gonna throw it away! !!

Can someone please help get through this ? I mean I don't wanna change the printer unless i's RELLY necessary.

I'm pretty sure a kind of hard reset or a cleaning can help, but I don't know where the sensors/captors are.

Thanks in advance for all the help you can bring.

BR,

Ella from France

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So I've contacted HP on the phone and even after trying to clean the headprint electrical circuit, I have the same result.

So my printer is out.

Hope everyone else who had the issue will try to resolved it.

Thanks again for helping me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Ella38300,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having an issue with the alignment page printing repeatedly on your HP Officejet printer. I'll try my best to help you with this,

Make sure you use genuine HP ink cartridges

Check estimated ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Clean the printhead or ink cartridge

Let's try these steps here:

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

For further assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - Alignment Page Printed Before Every Print Job - Click here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI?

Thanks for your reply and your solution but unfortunately it didn't work on my printer.

It still print 1 cm of the alignement page.

Do you have another solution, or should I throw it to the window ?? 🙂

Thanks again for all the help you can bring.

Ella

HP Recommended

@Ella38300,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague. 

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.​​​​​​​

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

So I've contacted HP on the phone and even after trying to clean the headprint electrical circuit, I have the same result.

So my printer is out.

Hope everyone else who had the issue will try to resolved it.

Thanks again for helping me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.