Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050A All-in-One Printer - J611g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I connected my Deskjet 3052A printer to my wireless network and printed out the network test results. Everything gets a PASS.

HOWEVER, when I go to print something or check the status, my computer cannot find the device.

I know it has to do with the network names. My computer is connected via LAN directly into the router and shows up as a different name as the wireless network.

What is the work around for this? Why is this so complicated? I have literally run every automated suggestion that was given to me and none of them actually give me something that would solve this or do much of anything. I shouldn't have to reconfigure my router to get things recognized.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

To print, the printer and the PC must be connected to the same local network.

May you have 2 routers at home providing different networks?

Right-click the ethernet icon on your PC and select Open Network & Internet Settings and click on Change connection properties.

Scroll down and let me know your PC IPv4 address.

Next, print a Printer Status Report for your printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKFwZFr0LO0

Within the Connectivity Settings section, what is the IP or URL of the printer?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

There is only 1 router here, and the network that my printer is connected to is in fact my personal wireless network.

The PC IP is: 192.168.1.4

The printer IP is: 192.168.2.102

HP Recommended

What do you mean by "personal wireless network"?

Is it another network and not related to your router?

I can see by the IP that the printer either have a manual IP incorrectly assigned, or these are actually connected to different networks indeed.

What exact wireless SSID name your printer is connected to?

When your access 192.168.1.1 from your PC, can you see the same SSID name listed?

From your PC, can you access 192.168.2.102?

HP Recommended

My personal wireless, not one of the others from the surrounding neighbors. This is the network my printer is connected to, the same wireless that my phone, tablet, etc are all connected to. It has the default name it came with from Verizon as "JRK2S"

My PC is cabled directly into the same router that is producing that network. It shows up as a generic "Network 2" connection. 

When I access 192.168.1.1, it brings up a whole host of connections and lists them as either Wireless or Ethernet. The printer is not listed. The name of this wireless network is in fact, "JRK2S"

Nothing happens when I try to access 192.168.2.102. The connection just fails from the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

From your computer click the Start button and then the gear (Settings) icon.

Click on Devices and select Printers & Scanners.

Select any instance of your printer and select Remove Device.

From the printer click the Wireless button and select Settings.

Select Restore Defaults and confirm any prompt, then restart the printer.

Download and follow the HP Software for your printer by selecting a wireless connection, follow the steps on screen to reconfigure the printer on your wireless network, and check for any difference:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL37193/al-109013-3/DJ3050A_J611_1315-1.exe

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.