Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premier All-In-One Printer

First let me say I'm an idiot, I know.

Okay, with that out of the way, in the rush to move, I spaced out and packed our printer with the ink still installed. Though I moved it upright from Tempe to San Diego, the moving company from San Diego to La Paz, Mexico did not. It sat in storage for a month, then over not great roads for several days. I don't know for how much of that time it was not upright, I do know it was delivered sitting on it's back.

Blue ink everywhere, leaking from inside the bottom and back, mostly from the right side of the printer. All I've done so far is basically cleaned a lot of it up. I'm sure it's all over the inside based on how much there is. Gotta be honest, just looking at it from the outside and how much ink spilled (and is still leaking out a bit), I'm tempted to chuck it and start over. 

Questions: Assuming that nothing is broken inside, might this printer be saved? And if it can be saved, is it worth it? And if it's worth it, tips on what to open up, how to open it up, how to clean it up?

11ea9d20-738d-4f0b-877d-f953dabe473b.jpg6b63f8db-29e6-4f7b-a46c-1279f902a64f.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The ink if spilt on electronic parts is not good because the ink is corrosive to electronics. You will only waste your time and money it's not worth, the recommendation is purchasing a new printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.