01-08-2020 12:43 PM
i have the above printer connect to my network via wifi. I have 2 computer on the network. previously i could print from either . now i can only print from one. the other one when i click print bring up a page to save instead of printing. checked settings and can't find anything wrong. i'm sure it's something simple. worked before. not sure what changed. help please
01-10-2020 02:55 PM
@monteconner Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are facing issue wifi printing.
Please let me know if both computers on the same network.
Try these steps to re-enable the web-services -
Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).
2. Touch Remove Web Services.
Reboot the devices.
Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -
1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Web Services Setup .
4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.
5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.
6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
01-19-2020 11:40 AM
I'm not sure if you are understanding what i'm saying. I have the printer set up in another room. not to far though. it has worked fine before.
The computer that i am having an issue with it printing from shows the printer as ready (network) when i click the print button, instead of sending it to the printer, a page pops up to save it to my documents. i can get it to go to the printer to print. this is what i get
01-20-2020 10:44 AM
@monteconner It's possible the default printer is selected as the XPS or save to PDF and you may want to change it to the printer in use, an update or an installation of a recent program may make these changes on it own,
try the below steps to ensure the printer you want to use is set as default:
- Touch or click Start.
- Touch or click Control Panel.
- Touch or click Devices and Printers.
- Touch and hold or right-click the desired printer.
- Touch or click Set as default printer.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee
01-20-2020 01:22 PM
@monteconner In that case, there's a few things I need to know:
Did you save the word article before attempting to print?
Does it print fine from other applications such as notepad, etc...?
Keep me posted.
I am an HP Employee
01-21-2020 12:32 PM
Thank you for the update.
Please reinstall the drivers and check for the issue.
Please perform the clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers:
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please click to download the drivers.
Have a nice day!!