Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Web JetAdmin
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey All, I need some help!

I did a fresh install of HP WebJetAdmin on Server 2012 R2.  After the install, I am able to access the console, but I can't log in.

I don't recall it ever asking to create a username and password, and I cannot find anywhere in the documentation what the default username and password is, so I can't log in to it!

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

By default WJA will not prompt for any credentials to log on to WJA GUI.

The ƭrst time you launch HP Web Jetadmin after installation, a pop-up dialog is displayed stating that no devices
have been discovered. You can opt to launch discovery settings at this point.

You can log in to your Server 2012 R2 and open HP WJA application.

Here is an example of the URL used to activate HP Web Jetadmin on a supported Windows desktop: http://myhost:8000

Then you should be good to go.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

If you're like us,  you don't let your techs login to your servers, so I'm not sure the answer provided is the correct answer.

There are no default accounts created during setup.  This application uses MS domain or users configured on the server where JetAdmin is installed.

What I did to get in via browser remotely was in the application on the server, under "Application Management" -> Users -> and added the Active Directory groups our techs are in.  After that I ( and a few of them ) logged in with our Active Directory credentials.  Success!

I found this thread because I was confused at first.  Nope, didn't read the manual : )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.