cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 2600 series doesn't connect to wifi

HP Recommended
Deskjet advantage 2675
Android 9.0 Pie

Just bought a new deskjet 2675 and been trying all day to connect to Wi-Fi... using a samsung note9 cannot locate the printer wifi. One suggestion was the this printer does not support 100Gbt internet speed or latest phone technology.. have a bought a dud ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,357 4,346 509 684
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your printer model can only support 2.4G wireless ( lower speed) if your wi-fi is 5G ( higher speed ) your printer can't connect to it. Only some newest models of printers are dual-band that can support both 2,4G and 5G wi-fi.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I've already received that message during my many attempts to connect to Wi-Fi I reconnected the wifi to 2.4GHz at 25Mbs with no success. It appears that i will only be able to connect using a computer which i don't have. It is disgusting that HP promote this printer as mobile phone friendly when it is the dead opposite.  I have another brand printer at a similar location with absolutely no problems at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Finally the solution was found.  I used an external service provider of slow internet to recognise the 2600 series printer. Once the printers Wi-Fi was activated i was able to switch back to high speed at 147Mbs and printer is performing perfectly.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation