Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi team, 

First time posting up here so do pardon if I've missed out any details. Attempting to utilise scan to email via the HP apps on the printer. It was working fine until this morning where I keep getting 'cannot connect to web services'. 

Some of the troubleshooting steps I've taken: 

- Powercycle the router. (no luck)

- Powrcycle the printer. (no luck)

- Check and confirm the printer is connected via Wi-Fi (it is, static IP is set with one of the DNS servers pointing to Google). 

- Check and confirm it's the most recent firmware. 

- Check and confirm time/date is in sync. 

- I have no proxy setup. 

- Search the printer model number and confirmed it's not excluded from HP Web services. 

Am I missing any steps here or is this an outage from HP ? 

Appreciate your feedback in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rizzi_BNE,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having trouble while accessing the web services on your OfficeJet 6960. Updating the printer firmware and then assigning a manual DNS address normally get this issue fixed. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp6960/OJ6960_R1716A.exe   to download and update the printer firmware. Restart the printer once done.
  • Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)
  • Now try accessing the web services and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I tried all of the suggestions, and changed the printer IP address successfully, everything is all connected and reports say connected to internet, but it still wont connect to web services for scan to email service

message says server might be busy try later, I have tried now for over 24 hours

please help ASAP

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.