Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3775

It just that "the printer 3775 is in error" in the box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Farouk1

Thank you for sharing the error message.

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Is this a new printer that you recently set up or was this printer already set up and working fine before?
Is it connected via USB or wirelessly?

Are you using original HP ink cartridges or refilled ink?

Is the printer able to make a photocopy? If yes then it indicates that the printer and ink cartridges are fine.

Please perform the following steps to isolate and fix the issue:
NOTE: Please skip any steps that may have already attempted by you.

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then let us reset the printer. a private message with the reset instructions. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Farouk1,

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer being in error state.. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
  • Did you make any software changes to the computer?
  • What is the operating system installed on the Machine?
  • Is it Windows or Mac? What is its version?
  • Please share a screenshot or an image of what is exactly happening for us to assist you correctly.

. For now, try these steps:

• Please perform a hard reset on the printer and follow instructions only from step1. from this link: http://hp.care/2F9bYVu (HP Inkjet Printers - '0xc19a0005' Error or Similar Error Displays)
  • Step 1: Reset the printer
  • Now check if the issue gets resolved.

If it continues, please furnish all the requested details for me to assist you correctly.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient. Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.

Hope to hear from you soon. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you David for your reply. I have followed your suggested steps to solve the issue, but it remains. 

Now i will anser your following queries:

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power outage or surge?

NO

• Did you make any software changes to the computer?

NO

• What is the operating system installed on the Machine?

Windows 10

• Is it Windows or Mac? What is its version?

Windows 10

• Please share a screenshot or an image of what is exactly happening for us to assist you correctly.

Please find attached the screenshot (please see the box in the below right corner).Screenshot (5).png

Thank you for your help !

HP Recommended

@Farouk1,

I rad the post. Please upload the image without any personal information like the serial number or any other personal information and I will assist you correctly.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screenshot (7).png

The specific image is above.

Thanks & regards, Farouk.

HP Recommended

@Farouk1

Thank you for sharing the error message.

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Is this a new printer that you recently set up or was this printer already set up and working fine before?

Is the printer able to make a photocopy? If yes then it indicates that the printer and ink cartridges are fine.

• The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue persists then let us reset the printer. a private message with the reset instructions. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Dear MKazi,

Thank you for your message.

My reply is below to your eah question :

I bought this printer in Dec. 2017, it was fine before till two/three days ago.

via wirelessly.

Original HP ink cartridges.

Yes, i just tried. It could still make copies.

DONE, all the above, the issue persists.

Will check the inbox then.

Thanks & regards,

Farouk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.