05-15-2018 02:19 AM
Hi. My printer is just hanging and the power button flashing. I have pulled the power cable out and when plugged back and it returns to this state. I checked if any updates are available and it says it is up to date. I have attached a photo of teh printer display and the power light flashes. Please assist.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-16-2018 06:10 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand, power light is blinking and printer display is stuck,
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If the issue persists, please contact our phone support:
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
* Open link: https://hp.care/2moMFSc
* Enter Product number or select to auto detect
* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.
05-16-2018 06:37 AM
Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.
You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉
Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂