Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp deskjet ink advantage 3525
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

this app. couse freezing, every 10 min.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @rubi1959

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that "scantopcactivationapp" is causing the computer to freeze intermittently, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you able to print and scan using the printer?

scantopcactivationapp is bundled with the full feature software of your printer. 

To resolve the issue you are facing, open task manager by doing a right-click on the taskbar. 

Select the startup items tab in the task manager. 

Find scantopcactivationapp in the startup items list, right-click on it and disable it. 

This will resolve the issue you are facing. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Greetings Chimney_83. Thank you so much for helping me fix this very annoying notification that keeps appearing on the bottom right corner of my new DELL laptop with Win 10 64 bit, after installing the HP printer software associated with my HP Envy 5640. I will quote your way to solve the issue below. ""To resolve the issue you are facing, open task manager by doing a right-click on the taskbar. Select the startup items tab in the task manager. Find scantopcactivationapp in the startup items list, right-click on it and disable it. This will resolve the issue you are facing. " I hope that HP management have been made aware of this and, new customers can be made aware of this very annoying and frustrating problem by printing a notification like yours above in the instructions paperwork when a product is purchased. Such as; NOTIFICATION: If this problem "scantopcactivationapp ..." appears on your computer after installing this product, please go to this weblink, www.hp.******* and we can cure the problem for you immediately. Thank you once afain for fixing this for me. Sincerely, Larry_8.
HP Recommended

Just downloaded software for my HP 5545 printer.  I keep getting "scantopcactivationapp"  It is a nuisance.  How can I delete this pop-up message since it keeps appearing every 5 minutes?  Look forward to your suggestion to delete it from my laptap.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.