Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
1022 Printer

my 1022 printer Pickup Roller seems to be stuck in the wrong position by 180 degrees which happened after i cleaned and reinstalled it.  how can i rotate it to it's original position - i tried turning the printer off an on - but kept getting a grinding noise and no movement.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It sounds like that you hadn't put it back firmly.

Try to grab and force it out or use a screw driver to push it out.

HP Recommended

that is my guess as well - it is completely in the opposite position - basically inaccessible - is there any way to remove the rod it is on or to spin the rod - i can't seem to budge it?

thanks 

HP Recommended

Try to from the rear of 1022  and stand at its upside down there're two screws at the middle side of 1022 which it is the separate pad and take it out.

Try from the bottom side of the machine to see if it'll work or not.

It's my bad i checked out a 1022 of mine just now and it's no need to upside down you just turn the rear back to you and bottom middle side the blue color is the one.

HP Recommended

not sure i understand this - there are no screws on the bottom and there are several in the back of the printer - the only ones that seem central are holding a blue piece of plastic on the bottom of the back?

HP Recommended

I agree, it sounds like the roller wasn't locked in and when the shaft turned, it go wedged in between the frame and the shaft. That will be hard to remove if it's jammed tight. I've also seen where the little tabs on the roller plastic break off and it will no longer lock in. You'd have to replace the roller. I'm going to give you a couple of links in a private message to service manuals for that printer that hopefully will help you. Good luck.

HP Recommended

How do I get the info you mentioned?

HP Recommended

I sent you a private message that you can read if you click on the envelope just to the left of your name at the top right of the web page you're reading now. Then click on the email message to open it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.