Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Enterprise Flow M880Z mfp
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I got 54.02.15 error on a HP Enterprise Flow M880Z mfp when I tried to print any colour pages.

This error pops up when the paper starts feeding a half page through. Then I pulled out and checked the transfer belt, there were only yellow and magenta strips on the belt ( for a supply status page which should have four color strips ).

Whe I print a black and white documents, the printer works fine.

I did not find anything about this error on a service manual.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
While it is possible to that it is a formatter blem it is highly unlikely. The DC controller is what is actually running the print engine the formatter is giving it the data to be printed.

Have you replaced either of the boards that I mentioned in my earlier post?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hope that you are using all genuine HP consumables (toner and drum cartridges) with your HP device and there is no leakage inside the printer.  HP toner cartridge authentication software might help you to perform basic validateion of the toner and drum cartrdiges:  http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/ad/cartridge-authentication/check-now.html

Following basic steps could be followed before moving to device service/maintenance by HP technical support.

Remove all the cartridges and the ITB and inspect the inside for toner scatter.  If you are confident about cleaning process then you may try to clean the areas with a toner cloth.

Verify that all the consumables are healthy and if any of them is low on health then you may replace the same.

Perform full color calibration and observe the device performance.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended
That is a magenta toner level sensor malfunction.

Cleaning toner scatter out of the machine is recommended, that would be speckles of Toner here and there on the internal parts.

It can also be a hardware malfunction, possibly the memory tag board or the cartridge interface board

HP recommends replacing the toner and drum at the same time when you have this failure but clean it first to see if that helps.

If the machine is in warranty I would contact HP support and hopefully they would provide you with the replacement consumables.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

So far I have done these on this printer:

- cleaned the printer and all toner cartridges and drums, although they are all not dirty;

- changed all toner cartridges and drums which are all new genuine HP ones;

- changed a new transfer belt, a new DC contrller and a new PRC sensor.

- full calibration was passed and the printer returned to ready status without any issues. 

But the fault is still the same:

I can print black & white pages and cannt print even a single color pages. The 54.02.15 error shows on the screen.

When I print a supply status page, there are only yellow and magenta strips on the transfer belt, with black and cyan strips missing.

Would be one of PCB faulty? 

HP Recommended
In my earlier post I mention two boards that could be the cause of the problem.

It is puzzling that the color reported to be a problem is not the color you are missing on your ITB n you examine it.

Since this is a fairly new model I'm wondering if the firmware is reporting the wrong color to be the issue.

I would do a firmware update if you're not at the latest level, just to see if that changes the message you're getting.

HP Recommended

I have just upgraded the firmware. The fault is still the same.

The printer can do full color calibration.  Does this  mean that those hardwares are ok?

Could the formatter board cause the problem? 

HP Recommended
While it is possible to that it is a formatter blem it is highly unlikely. The DC controller is what is actually running the print engine the formatter is giving it the data to be printed.

Have you replaced either of the boards that I mentioned in my earlier post?

HP Recommended

Greetings!  We have a bunch of these machines in one of our larger accounts and our techs  there were seeing this issue.  Here is the weird part.... He didn't see it until he updated the firmware.  I have not tried this as none of the machines in my immediate area suffered from this.  Where he says (near the bottom) to avoid a costly issue, the previous fix was to replace the toner and drum at the same time.

This is what he did.  It is a workaround more than a fix.  I just copied and pasted.  Hope it helps.

> 1: Pull out all supplies and manually close the gate of toner and drum units.
> 2. Rebooting machine with front door open and of course machine will asking for supplies to be install.
> 3. Re-install all supplies(make sure all gates is completely closed)and close front door, machine begins to initializing and checking, If machine doesn't work and error event code will appear is:
> 10.00.90 black
> 10.01.90 cyan
> 10.02.90 magenta
> 10.03.90 yellow
> Toner motor stall.
>
> Perform trouble shoot the same step above and if it doesn't work, no choice but to replace OEM supplies.
>
> Bottom line: never let toner level reach so low and cause trouble. My suggestion is to get these machine IP addresses and go into web interface to monitor them daily and if they are reached about 15% it should be replace it immediately to avoid this costly issue.
>

HP Recommended

I tried all your suggestions without any luck.

Until I changed the cartridge memory tag board, the printer works well again as it should do.

SHTompson, you spot on. Thank you very much for your great help!

Also I would like to thank you all of above helpers who make me narrow down the fault area and solve the issue in the end.

Very appreciated, guys!

HP Recommended

I tried all  suggestions without any luck.

Until I changed the cartridge memory tag board, the printer works well again as it should do.

SHTompson, you spot on. Thank you very much for your great help!

Also I would like to thank you all of above helpers who make me narrow down the fault area and solve the issue in the end.

Very appreciated, guys!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.