Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
8710 All in One Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We've had this problem for months.  Landscape prints are not consistently centered.  This is not an issue with the printer alignment as I have already tested this.  I print tens of double side landscape Word docs that are either folded or cut in half.  Having off centered prints has resulted in dozens of scrapped product every week. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@UUCMAdmin 

I can give you some places to look and share some thoughts that might help you resolve the issue.

Caveat:  I do not have Windows 7 and have not seen the OS for a long while.   Lots of guessing ...

Assuming for the moment that you are correct and the printer is not exhibiting a hardware issue...

Thoughts on the subject

Printer Software

I would expect that after this long you have already tried removing and then reloading the printer software.  Printer Software is not likely the culprit.  Over time, printer software can - like other programs sitting on the computer - become less than perfect.

For those reading:

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software

Reminder:  When the option is presented during the installation, select the Full Driver (name may vary).

After the Software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Office Software

Version of Word?  Why? The printer software on your 8710 is backward compatible but only to the extent that Office is compatible with the printer driver.  Unsupported Office products may actually not be fully compatible with this printer software.  This is simply s an observation.   Old tech + Old OS + Old software can compound issues.

Print PDF

Always Word documents? 

OR 

What About PDF? 

Export  the Word content to a PDF file and print that.

Adobe Reader DC – Needed Whether You Use It or Not

If you have not done so,

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

HINT:  Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not open / view / print PDF files directly from the software.

Does the content print correctly when saved as PDF and printed using PDF view / print software?

Example - PDF - 2 pages per sheet

Print_PDF_2_sheets-per-page_1Print_PDF_2_sheets-per-page_1

======================================================================

General Considerations - Content

Different content each week or same content?

If Yes,

Same Media (kind of paper), Paper Size, and margins, ayout, fonts, headers/footers?

Printing simple 2 pages per sheet of paper?

OR

Printing Booklet?

Compensating for booklet Gutter placement and width?

Print_Preview_Gutters_DOCX_3Print_Preview_Gutters_DOCX_3

======================================================================

Consistency

Same content is always misaligned or does the same document sometimes print as expected after resending the job to the printer?

Images involved?  Images not printing "right size"?

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >

Tab Layout > Click Advanced > Switch OFF HP Real Life Technologies

Also:  Make sure to use "Insert" for images as opposed to copy/paste.

=======================================================================

If I think of anything else, I will edit this message or post back.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.