Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJetP1102W
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Since loading Sierra, issues. Deleted printer and when I try to add it back in, it says it's a scanner. Have reloaded HP drivers, turned things off/on, etc. Keeps reading the printer as a scanner - getting ticked. Any ideas. thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@L-Jay09

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate the feedback, apparently, the links were broken and have now been fixed,

The printer doesn't support the new MacOS Sierra, however, before getting to the conclusion of getting a new printer, I recommend you try those steps:

Also, You may use the HP Easy Scan App to use the scan with the Windows built-in drivers, here are a list of alternate applications that should work with the Sierra OS:

• HP Easy Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

• Apple Image Capture 

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder. 

• HP Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks

Mac Basics: Using a scanner 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@L-Jay09

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the printer is being detected as a scanner though it's being used for printing,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check your printer's system requirements? (Click here to check, if you haven't).

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

The printer is compatible with the below OS X operating systems:

• OS X v10.11 El Capitan

• OS X v10.10 Yosemite

• OS X v10.9 Mavericks

• OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion

That said if you wish to use the printer with the Sierra OSX, I recommend you reset the printing systems: Click here for steps.

If the issue persists, Uninstalling the HP Printer Software followed by installing a new software using the Apple software should help:

Uninstall the Printer software using this link: CLICK HERE

To install the new software using Apple applications using this link: CLICK HERE

(Edited - to fix broken links)

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reset printers. When I cick on Add - it still reads as scanner.   I have an HP C5180 All-in-One connected that is working fine.  Have to purchase a new laser jet to work with Sierra?  Thanks for the help though.  

HP Recommended

Links to uninstall / install gets a 404 Page Not Found. 

HP Recommended

@L-Jay09

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate the feedback, apparently, the links were broken and have now been fixed,

The printer doesn't support the new MacOS Sierra, however, before getting to the conclusion of getting a new printer, I recommend you try those steps:

Also, You may use the HP Easy Scan App to use the scan with the Windows built-in drivers, here are a list of alternate applications that should work with the Sierra OS:

• HP Easy Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

• Apple Image Capture 

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder. 

• HP Scan 

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu. 

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks

Mac Basics: Using a scanner 

Keep me posted,

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'll give you kudos for trying to help this old ladies feeble brain. The printer cost $100 and right now, I'd rather just get a new printer than to keep trying to fix the situation.  I'm a down and dirty computer user. Make it easy!!!  

HP Recommended

@L-Jay09

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for appreciating my efforts.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.