cancel
Ken_Dudley Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Automatic Duplex printing no longer available on the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M426fdw after the May 2019

HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M426fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated my drivers on the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M426fdw on August 20, 2019 and now it will only perform manual duplex printing.  Automatic duplex printing is no longer available.  

2 REPLIES 2
Professor
Professor
2,042 1,783 163 316
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Automatic Duplex printing no longer available on the HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M426fdw after the May 2019

On you computer, go to control panel>devices and printers> right click the printer icon and select printer properties. Click the device settings tab, scroll down to install-able options and make sure that the duplex option shows as installed.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
Ken_Dudley Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response but that did not resolve my problem.  When I followed those steps, I got to the window below for Device Settings.  There was no "install-able options" and the only mention of Duplex on the screen was "Duplex Unit" which was already marked as Installed.  Thanks, Ken Dudley  

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation