Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Trying to effect patch for Deskjet 722c for Windows 7.  Not able to overwrite existing .dll files.  Error messages:  cannot open output file,  cannot delete output file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I found those solutions but still had problems.

However, I was able to bypass Windows with a DOS command that did the trick.

C:\windows\system32>Copy C:\temp\hpvdb720.dll C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello POPARKER,

I see you are looking to install a patch for the Deskjet 722c for Windows 7. I was able to come across a thred solved by Bob_Headrick that may help you. DESKJET 722C DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 7, in his reply he links to his thread for installing the patch.

I hope this helps.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  I found those solutions but still had problems.

However, I was able to bypass Windows with a DOS command that did the trick.

C:\windows\system32>Copy C:\temp\hpvdb720.dll C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3

HP Recommended

How can I apply this?

Please explain this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.