Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Jam occurred.  Paper was removed and jam was cleared.  Error won't go away even after printer reset.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TAS4

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

Are you able to make a copy?

Let's try to restore the Printer to its factory settings here:

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.
  2. Scroll to and touch the Service menu
  3. Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button, and then touch the OK button. The product automatically restarts.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As paper moves through an HP printer it pushes plastic levers up or down, and I suspect that one of these levers is been knocked out of position or stuck in an activated position and that is why you are getting the message.

I would start by checking the plastic fingers that pushed the paper down as it goes out into the output bin to see if they are stuck in up position.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.