Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
COLOR LaserJet Pro MFP N277dw

I recently purchased the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw at Office Depot.  

I need to print a lot of visual aids and signs on cardstock paper for my classroom but having a difficult time getting it to on cardstock properly.  The ink won't stay on.  

This printer prints on regular copier paper fine.  As for cardstock...once in a while, it would print okay, but most of the time....the ink won't stay on...appears flaky.  

Oh please help.  Do I need to use a specific cardstock weight?  If so, what kind or what weight?    

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

According to this datasheet, the paper handling capabilities are:

Capture.PNG

You will almost certainly need to specify an appropriate Paper Type in the Print dialogue - the printer is likely to adjust various settings (fuser temperature, speed, etc.), according to paper type.

The available values will vary, depending on the printer model and driver - likely values are perhaps CardStock, Heavy, Extra Heavy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.