08-12-2017 03:04 PM
I have had my printer for years and LOVE it! However, it suddenly will only print in black and white on any program or app. Not sure what I did?? Please help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-13-2017 05:16 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with not able to print in color. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you try to make copies directly from the printer to check if it copies in color correctly?
- Did you replace toners and check if the issue gets resolved?
For a start please perform these steps:
Please make 2 copies in color directly from the printer without any communication from the computer using the flat bed.
If it copies correctly then uninstall and reinstall the printer software by following these steps:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from http://hp.care/2hWIgrx and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
- Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
- This will fix you issue. If it continues, please perform all the prescribed steps to troubleshoot print quality issues from this link http://hp.care/2hWUUXF and check if the issue gets corrected. Otherwise, it is a hardware issue with the printer has a hardware issue and it needs to be replaced by contacting HP tech support via this link: http://hp.care/2moMFSc
- Then follow the on-screen instructions after selecting the country and typing the product# of the printer to reach HP phone support.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee