Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

One more favor. Use the disable cartridge check and swap the magenta and black toners and run the same  page again and post a sample. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Magenta and black toners switched.

Magenta & Black Toners Switched.png

HP Recommended

I have been doing this for over 25 years and to be honest it still looks like a bad toner cartridge since the black is now in another slot and is still making a defect. Are these new oem toners or aftermakret or refills. I would return the last one you just purchased bringing a copy of the supplies status page with the toners in the correct slots to show them it is defective and have them give you another. Those lines have to come from the black toner and when they appear when the toner is in two different slots it has to be the toner.

HP Recommended

This new black toner cartridge is a genuine HP HEWQ6470A - HP501A cartridge, sealed in a box. The black toner cartridge that I have been using is also a genuine HP Q6470A.  I have been using this cartidge for a while now. These streaks just started about a month ago. Prior to that there were no streaks whatsoever.  I do not use 3rd party cartridges.

HP Recommended

This image is the the existing black toner cartridge switched with cyan.

Cyan & Black Toners Switched.png

HP Recommended

Lets prove a point. Remove the black toner and run the same page. Are the streaks gone? Also where are you getting these toners and are they in black and white boxes or white and blue boxes? Also is the new toner one you just bought or one that you had on hand that your purchased before?

HP Recommended

The printed page without the black toner is blank. The images here are of the box that the new black cartridge came in.

Box Side 1.jpgBox Side 2.jpgBox Side 3.jpg

HP Recommended

That box confirm my suspicion. That toner is at least 6 years old and maybe older. In fact search the box as there should be a date of manufacture on the box.  HP changed to black and white boxes in 2010. If you just purchased that toner locally return immediately. I guess you could always try to contact hp and have them replace it under their toner warranty, but most times they want you to return to place of purchase for replacement. Also is the magenta or cyan toner in the black slot since you should still get the page you got before but the printing should be in cyan or magenta depending of what toner is in the slot at the top.

HP Recommended

I did not realize that HP changed the boxes to white and black in 2010. Fortunately I am able to return the cartridcge to Amazon for a full refund without having to pay return shipping. I just ordered a new one in a black and white box. I should receive it by Friday. I will try it and let you know. If it turns out to be also too old, I'll just return it. If that is the case, I guess I'll just have to pay full retail at my local Staples. I contact you on Friday. Actually, I hope you're right so I can get on with my printing!

HP Recommended

New toner should solve the issue. Did you find the date on the box. I assume the toner was not actually from Amazon but one of their vendors who had some old stock on hand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.