Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet CP2025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So. I haven't used this printer, and recently pulled it out of storage. I turned it on, plugged it in to the computer, and it automatically downloaded the drivers. I got the toner cartridges refilled, and, and then printed a couple sheets, with the expected terrible quality, considering it's been in storage for two years. I try to calibrate it from the printer, and it just doesn't do anything. I press OK, nothing happens. I press it again, it opens the menu. I set the After-startup calibration to Immediately, and switch the printer off and back on. No calibration proceeds to occur. I've tried everything: reinstalling the drivers, the HP Doctor driver setup thingy, EVERYTHING. Please, for my sanity, help me.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

1. Replace the toner cartridges with genuine.

2. Replace the formatting board

Please click Kudos or tag as solution. 12 years experience in current field.
HP Recommended

That is odd that you can't manually activate the calibration procedure from the control panel. Try unplugging the printer while the printer is ON for a couple of minutes, remove all the cartridges and leave the door open. Plug it back in, wait for it to say close the door. Close the door, then add toners back in one at a time and close the door after each one and wait till it errors asking for missing toners. Once all loaded try calibration again. 

It may be that something happened to cartridges when refilled. You may need to buy a new set, but it should try to calibrate when told to do so. Possibly an engine control board or formatter issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.