Did you mean: 
SoCalEP
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Web Services OfficeJet Pro 8710

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same issue.  My (8710) error says: "The printer could not connect to Web Services.  The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

OK I understand "try again later" and I have tried a few times "a little later" but with the same results.  I wonder if it has to do with my DNS IP? I had just previously added my DNS IP from my router settings to the 8710. I even tried a set of Google DNS IPs I saw one of your tech's mention in a different forum 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to no avail.  

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks and Happy New Year

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,596 3,567 223 573
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Web Services OfficeJet Pro 8710

Has the Web Services ever worked for you?  

If not then you may not have the necessary ports open for the printer to communicate with HP and run the Web Services feature. There should be documentation on HPs support website on what ports you need to open.  No ports, no web services.

DNS could have something to do with it, but is unlikely the problem in this scenario.  Google DNS is what most people use when troubleshooting from the automatic DNS information provided from the ISP.  If neither work then DNS is not likely the problem for your situation.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation