Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LasreJet Pro MFP M176N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm not able to install Color LasreJet Pro MFP M176N with HP Smart Install because I get the error message from 7-Zip: Unable to create folder to extract webpack! although I have 7-Zip installed on my laptop.

Anybody could help please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@PN70 

Hello,

HP Smart Install is no longer supported by your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176 Printer. HP no longer supports the Smart Install installation path.

Please use the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176 Series Full Feature Drivers and Software to install your printer.

I have provided you with the above information, according to the HP support document here.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to solicit us.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks very much for your tips. Unfortunately I'm getting the error message below, even when I restart my laptop..  do you know a work around?

PN70_0-1581590953142.png

HP Recommended

@PN70 

Hello and thanks for your return,

Make sure to select either USB or Ethernet to install the printer, as your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n does not support wireless (Wi-Fi) technology. Connect the USB cable only when the software installation program prompts you to do so.

Try the following to install the printer:

1. Click Cancel to exit the installation.
  2. On the keyboard, press the Windows and X keys simultaneously.
  3. Click on Windows PowerShell (admin), and then Yes.
  4. Type net start Spooler, and then press Enter.
  5. Access C:\HP_Color_LaserJet_Pro_MFP_M176.
  6. Right-click on Setup.exe or Setup, and then Run as administrator and on Yes.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem when I am trying to run DJ4670_Full_WebPack_40.11.1122.exe

or HPEasyStart_11_0_4498_30.exe
I have an HP DeskJet 4675 printer and a Sony Vaio laptop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.