Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1102W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can you have both wired and wireless connections enabled on an HP p1102w printer?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @solomank

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I'd like to help.

You can use the Printer both as Wireless + USB or Ethernet ( Wired ) + USB at the same time

You cannot have both Wireless and Ethernet ( Wired ) at the same time

Hope this helps. Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your Kind & Prompt response. So how do I set up Wireless + USB or Ethernet ( Wired ) + USB at the same time?
HP Recommended

Hi @solomank

As informed you can setup the Printer through Wireless and USB at the same time

You have to download the Full Feature Software on the computer you would like to connect the Printer to.

You will initially need the USB cable to setup the Printer wirelessly.

Click Here to download the Full Feature Software and follow the onscreen instructions.

Note: Select the correct OS Version and Do not connect the USB cable until the installation program prompts you.

1. When prompted, select the Connect through a wireless network option.

2. When prompted, connect the USB cable  to the computer.

3. When the installation is complete, print a configuration report to make sure the printer has an SSID name.

1. Make sure the Ready light  is on and that the printer is idle and silent.

2. Press and hold the Cancel button , and release it when the Ready light  begins blinking.

The Configuration report prints.

4. When the Configuration Report prints, disconnect the USB cable  from the printer.

Your printer is now set up to use over a wireless network connection.

You can also connect the USB cable whenever required.

Your Printer does not have option for Ethernet connection ( Wired )

You can also refer to these Links.

Wireless Printer Setup - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/docu...

Printer Specifications - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306/docu...

Hope this helps.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do I connect  the Printer both as Wireless and Wired at the same time?  It is connected already via the wired connection that came with the printer, using that wire to connect direct to the computer. How do I also make it wireless, so that, that printer can also be used my my laptop in another room?

HP Recommended

@solomank

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You cannot have both Wireless and Ethernet ( Wired ) at the same time.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Follow the prompts to install the printer as a wireless printer. Then connect the USB cable after you've verified wireless operation. It works this way for me. Both options appear in my devices and printers dialogue, and I can select whichever one I want when I print.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Unplug the USB and search for Printers within windows, then open Printers & Scanners, select your printer and click Remove Device.

Follow below installation by selecting the P1100w model, select WiFi and only connect the USB when prompt to do so by the install wizard:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-11/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-...

Note: if the installation extracts but doesn't launch browse to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and double click HpSetup.exe.

After completing the installation and unplugging the USB as instructed, plug the USB back to your computer and a second print queue will be added for the USB connection.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.