Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro 400 M401dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've configured the copy count to 2 but I only get 1 copy.  There is no Mopier setting for this printer that I could find.  Collating is turned off.  I connect to the printer via USB.

I need this printer to print 2 copies for every job.  It's a dedicated printer and all the print jobs are less than 1 page long.  I'm using the Windows PCL6 driver.  Perhaps there's a registry setting I can configure or change?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Number of Copies is a featured controlled by the application used to print and not by the printer driver, a such cannot be set as default

Mopier setting would prevent printing multiple copies of a document, the very opposite of your purpose:

https://www.reference.com/technology/mopier-mode-eeb403e4593478b4

I afraid a such cannot be done, unless your printer application may allow setting a default number of copies, a such have not much to do with your printer driver.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Number of Copies is a featured controlled by the application used to print and not by the printer driver, a such cannot be set as default

Mopier setting would prevent printing multiple copies of a document, the very opposite of your purpose:

https://www.reference.com/technology/mopier-mode-eeb403e4593478b4

I afraid a such cannot be done, unless your printer application may allow setting a default number of copies, a such have not much to do with your printer driver.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response and the information.  This is a bit confusing because we had the printer printing 2 copies before, and I believe we were setting the driver properties to adjust this.  There is, after all, a Copies function in the printer perferences, but it doesn't seem to work.  I just get one copy no matter what number I select.

When I installed the printer I began with the HP download, but the instant I plugged the USB cable in, Windows appeared to take over and downloaded Windows drivers for it.  Do you think I should revisit this and insist on using the HP driver package?  How would I defeat the Windows choices?  Would the Copies function work with the HP driver?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.