Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
m602, m630

Greetings~

I noticed a change in the roller last week, emailed HP about it with no repsonse. It was in the pm kits. Any one else see this and/or know why the change happened???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The roller on the left first appeared with the mk from the P4000 series. As I said I find the rollers on the right actually tend to last a bit longer since they have a bit more rubber on them. Just my observation as I have used both. If you purchase aftermarket kits or rollers you will get the rollers on the right as I have only seen the rollers on the left from HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There has really not been a change as the same roller has been used starting with the lj4200 all the way up to the current model. Now depending where you got the kit some of the rollers changed with the M600 series where the roller seemed a bit smaller and had a black band on the roller sides. No difference as both types of rollers work just fine. In fact I find the older rollers tend to last a bit longer then the newer ones.

HP Recommended
Yes you are correct, but it's not the difference I'm inquiring about. The new rollers have thicker rubber, thick deep lined tread. Here's a pic of the new side by side with the original. New is on left.

Rollers
https://imgur.com/a/aSvJC
HP Recommended

The roller on the left first appeared with the mk from the P4000 series. As I said I find the rollers on the right actually tend to last a bit longer since they have a bit more rubber on them. Just my observation as I have used both. If you purchase aftermarket kits or rollers you will get the rollers on the right as I have only seen the rollers on the left from HP.

HP Recommended

Interesting. I guess we were talking about the same thing after all. a few weeks ago was the first kit I had seen them in, we do purchase aftermarket rollers though. Good to know, thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.