Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer
Linux

Hello,

I have a printer that has the network setting stuck on manual with a 0.0.0.0 ip so I'm unable to connect to it to change the network configurations. 

I installed the hplip libraries to try to configure it via usb cable but I could not find any network configuration section anywhere. 

As a last resort, I have gone on a Windows machine and installed the hp software to try to configure the network setting, but I  still could not find any place to do that. 

I also, already tried factory resting it, by turning it off and holding both buttons on the front panel, when I turned it on. But, i'm still stuck with a 0.0.0.0 ip and configured by manual. 

Does anyone, know a simple solution to this problem? How can I force an ip, on the printer to access the configuration web server.  

After each procedure, I printed out the Device configuration sheet, which told me that the IP is configured by manual, and set to 0.0.0.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A 0.0.0.0 IP means the printer is disconnected from the network or do not have a proper connection, there is no link and the lights near the ethernet port would not likely be on or blinking.

Try moving the Ethernet cable to another port of your router and check for any difference.

If the same results are seen try testing another ethernet cable as the cable may fault.

Finally, if no difference is seen, try connecting the Ethernet cable directly from the printer to your PC and check if you may then see any difference if it still remains as 0.0.0.0 and no lights are shown with different cables and different sources it may indicate a failure of the port on your printer.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

A 0.0.0.0 IP means the printer is disconnected from the network or do not have a proper connection, there is no link and the lights near the ethernet port would not likely be on or blinking.

Try moving the Ethernet cable to another port of your router and check for any difference.

If the same results are seen try testing another ethernet cable as the cable may fault.

Finally, if no difference is seen, try connecting the Ethernet cable directly from the printer to your PC and check if you may then see any difference if it still remains as 0.0.0.0 and no lights are shown with different cables and different sources it may indicate a failure of the port on your printer.

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks sadly or fortunatly the cable wasn't properly connected to the switch. 

This was super helpful to know - [0.0.0.0 IP means the printer is disconnected from the network or do not have a proper connection] 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.