Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MFP 277
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing from my computer no problem.  AIR PRINT from my phone or I-pad always prints like on an envelope and I can't change the paper to normal 8 X 10.   Help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pingree9,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer is printing like on an envelope from Ipad/iPhone.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

AirPrint does not have the option to change the paper size. However, if your printer has a paper sensor, AirPrint automatically adjusts the print size to the detected paper. If your printer has a control panel with the option to change paper sizes, you can change the paper size and the Apple iOS device detects the new paper through AirPrint, and then scales the printout accordingly.

NOTE: If the paper size selected and the paper size loaded are not the same, an error might display on both the printer and device, asking for confirmation that the correct paper is loaded. If the incorrect paper size is loaded, the Apple iOS device scales the printout to the paper size selected on the printer.

Figure: Paper size displayed on Apple iOS device

Paper size displayed on Apple device

For more information, you could refer to the article: Click here.

Alternatively, you could try using HP Smart app to print from your iPhone and IPad: Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Pingree9,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer is printing like on an envelope from Ipad/iPhone.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

AirPrint does not have the option to change the paper size. However, if your printer has a paper sensor, AirPrint automatically adjusts the print size to the detected paper. If your printer has a control panel with the option to change paper sizes, you can change the paper size and the Apple iOS device detects the new paper through AirPrint, and then scales the printout accordingly.

NOTE: If the paper size selected and the paper size loaded are not the same, an error might display on both the printer and device, asking for confirmation that the correct paper is loaded. If the incorrect paper size is loaded, the Apple iOS device scales the printout to the paper size selected on the printer.

Figure: Paper size displayed on Apple iOS device

Paper size displayed on Apple device

For more information, you could refer to the article: Click here.

Alternatively, you could try using HP Smart app to print from your iPhone and IPad: Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

HP Recommended

Well, after fussing with this problem for a couple of months, you have solved my problem.  Thank you so much. 

HP Recommended

@Pingree9

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Old thread, but... The printer (M252dw) is loaded with regular A4 size, but the iphone prints as it is C5-envelope. Everything prints approx 50% of the size.  Any idea

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.