Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Flow MFP M680
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have the Flow MFP M680, and all configurations show that Tray 1 (manual loading) should not be an option unless loaded with paper.  One of our users gets a prompt to select a tray or load tray 1 whenever she prints photos from either Microsoft Office 2010 or Windows Photo Viewer.  The only way to avoid the prompt we could find for her was to print from MS Paint.  I also checked to see if I could solve the issue by downloading the Universal Printing PCL 6 driver, but that didn't solve the issue.

I realize this may be an issue with her computer, but I was just hoping I might find someone who could help me & my coworkers with this slight annoyance.

Thank you all for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Several months late, I know. But I ended up discovering that she needed to update her printing drivers. All other users had gotten their drivers updated automatically, and once I manually updated the enduser's drivers she no longer had the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Usually when you get a prompt to load tray 1 it tells you to load with a certain size and TYPE paper.  Most times the issue is with the type paper in the usual tray does not match the type of paper for the job. Most people choose plain for the type of paper in the tray. Usually setting the type to any will solve the issue.

HP Recommended

Several months late, I know. But I ended up discovering that she needed to update her printing drivers. All other users had gotten their drivers updated automatically, and once I manually updated the enduser's drivers she no longer had the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.