Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 4050 series PCL5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot print multiple copies. Having set printer setting to print 5 copies. I get message unable to collate job at printer. Solution configure a ram disk or install an EIO hard disk. How do I configure a ram disk and check if an EIO hard disk has been install. The only additional part I have installed is a card to be able to upgrade to OS 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Likely your printer does not have enough ram memory in it for modern drivers and print jobs. You can try upgrading the memory, you should be able to find it Ebay. Keep in mind that maximum memory on these units is less than 512 mb or less which does not leave much room for ram disk. You can also try turning off collating so that the printer prints all copies of page 1 first followed by all copies of each page in order. This requires less memory than printing 5 collated copies.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Likely your printer does not have enough ram memory in it for modern drivers and print jobs. You can try upgrading the memory, you should be able to find it Ebay. Keep in mind that maximum memory on these units is less than 512 mb or less which does not leave much room for ram disk. You can also try turning off collating so that the printer prints all copies of page 1 first followed by all copies of each page in order. This requires less memory than printing 5 collated copies.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello Repairatrooper , Thanks again for your solution to my problem. As you suggested I've found some memory card on ebay. The last time I added additional memory cards to a devise was to my compac computer. At that time you were required to fit memory cards in pairs. Is this still the case or can I fit 1 x time 64mb card.

HP Recommended

Hi Repairatrooper

My additional memory found on ebay arrived today. I am now print multiple copies. Thanks very much for providing the solution. Roger

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.