Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Colour Laser Jet Pro Mfp281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Colour Laser Jet Pro Mfp281fdw

Hi

I wonder if someone can help. I have a HP Colour Laser Jet Pro Mfp281fdw. It's connected to our virgin media Hub3 via wifi. Network status in the printer confirms its connected.

We have the following all connected to the Virgin Hub3:

1 Desktop PC

3 Laptops

4 Mobile Phones

We have always been able to print from all of these devices.

I recently re-installed Windows 10 on the desktop PC. After installation, windows immediately found the printer and installed the drivers. It works perfectly. 

After setting the printer up on the PC, none of the other devices can connect to the printer. One of the laptops is new and cannot find the printer to install it. It briefly found it when connected to the virgin hub via 5g but the printer is permanently 'offline', despite the PC showing the printer is 'online'.

I can literally be printing something from the desktop and all of the other devices cannot find the printer, even when I manually enter the I.P address of the printer into these devices

AirPrint is enabled in the Printer as is wifi discovery

I am at a complete loss now as to why only windows 10 device can print and none of the other devices can find the printer. 

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RMr_C_Onfused, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.