Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Photosmart Premium C410

Chose to print a document , when clicking on print button on the print window, it opens a to send a fax window.

This document is a biz card template from AVERY - but can print other documents on file on my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@77lou

I cannot duplicate the issue - I use the (newer) Windows Avery label printing software for Business Cards and labels; the program works in my Windows 10 systems.   The current Avery program produces a proprietary design label document -- this requires the use of the software to produce the print.

Nonetheless, assuming you have printed your label document in the past, the issue may lay in other than the document or the method you are using to print that document.

Ideas

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

Also...

Try / Consider

• Download a copy of the Full Feature Software:

PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408-5.exe

(209.6 MB)

• Uninstall the existing print software from Prgrams and Features (or Apps in Features for W10)
  • Reboot the computer and log in
  • Install the fresh copy of the Full Feature Software

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Operating System recently migrated to Windows 10 and / or to re-install the printer software:

1. If using a USB cable to connect the printer and computer, disconnect the cable
  2. Create a Restore Point >
  3. Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)
  4. This works best if the computer's Windows (10) Updates are current - check if you are unsure
  5. Update your HP Drivers (or other vendor computer) - printer software likes updated Drivers
  6. Open Printer Website Driver Support Page >
  7. Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >
  8. Remove existing Printer Software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features / All Apps / Devices and Printers >
  9. Shut down the computer > boot, and log in >
  10. Install Full Feature Software (find in your Downloads folder > Double-Click on the file) >
  11. Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation

Section(s) of interest include:

• Start Here: HP Print and Scan Doctor – Help Resolve Printer Issues
  • Preparation
  • Extras, Advice, and Cool Stuff > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
  • Create a Restore Point
  • Remove Printer Software (two parts)
  • Download and Installation
  • Embedded Web Server (EWS)
  • Windows 10 Updates (check)
  • Restart Everything
  • Network Discovery and Print Sharing
  • Add a Printer
  • Scan Program Options **

** Cool stand-alone scan programs (Thanks to greenturtle for the links to HP Scan Extended !)

Reference and examples:

Scanning Program Options

Document Sections Include:

HP Extended Scan  – Single, Multiple scans, Auto-Crop!

NAPS2  -- Not another PDF Scanner

And others…

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If all else fails, consider:  Remove and then reinstall the Avery software -- it is possible there is a glitch in the label program. ***

*** Heed the following:  

Only the old standalone Avery software supported Avery in Word tab -- that program may no longer be available from Avery download site -- and if it is available, it may not work as expected (I remember I had occasional issues with that version).  

If you have a copy of the "old" Avery in Word tab software, and if you expect to see it again, do not delete the program from your computer until you make sure you can reinstall it.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@77lou

@77lou wrote:

Chose to print a document , when clicking on print button on the print window, it opens a to send a fax window.

This document is a biz card template from AVERY - but can print other documents on file on my computer.

If you have not done so, you can adjust your "default" printing device (choose printer instead of fax):

Set Printer as Default

You do not mention which program you are using to print the label sheet.

If you are using the Avery software, you are given the oppurtunity to adjust the printer when you click into the Print function.

avery

Printing Labels_Business-Cards_Cards

See Section:

• Print Avery Labels

Most programs provide the same feature, that of adjusting the printer name / source before you print.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon Fly for your response- I've made sure the printer is set as default- and that the name of the printer is stated on the print window - but upon clicking to print - the To send fax window pops up.

I contacted AVERY - ssay because I'm using an aLL-IN-ONE MULTI PRINTER (HP) i  need to send doc to PDF then to print it- tried  this but still the  -To send FAX window pops up.

I can print documents from file-  really do not understand this situation

HP Recommended

@77lou

I cannot duplicate the issue - I use the (newer) Windows Avery label printing software for Business Cards and labels; the program works in my Windows 10 systems.   The current Avery program produces a proprietary design label document -- this requires the use of the software to produce the print.

Nonetheless, assuming you have printed your label document in the past, the issue may lay in other than the document or the method you are using to print that document.

Ideas

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

Also...

Try / Consider

• Download a copy of the Full Feature Software:

PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408-5.exe

(209.6 MB)

• Uninstall the existing print software from Prgrams and Features (or Apps in Features for W10)
  • Reboot the computer and log in
  • Install the fresh copy of the Full Feature Software

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Operating System recently migrated to Windows 10 and / or to re-install the printer software:

1. If using a USB cable to connect the printer and computer, disconnect the cable
  2. Create a Restore Point >
  3. Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)
  4. This works best if the computer's Windows (10) Updates are current - check if you are unsure
  5. Update your HP Drivers (or other vendor computer) - printer software likes updated Drivers
  6. Open Printer Website Driver Support Page >
  7. Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >
  8. Remove existing Printer Software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features / All Apps / Devices and Printers >
  9. Shut down the computer > boot, and log in >
  10. Install Full Feature Software (find in your Downloads folder > Double-Click on the file) >
  11. Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation

Section(s) of interest include:

• Start Here: HP Print and Scan Doctor – Help Resolve Printer Issues
  • Preparation
  • Extras, Advice, and Cool Stuff > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
  • Create a Restore Point
  • Remove Printer Software (two parts)
  • Download and Installation
  • Embedded Web Server (EWS)
  • Windows 10 Updates (check)
  • Restart Everything
  • Network Discovery and Print Sharing
  • Add a Printer
  • Scan Program Options **

** Cool stand-alone scan programs (Thanks to greenturtle for the links to HP Scan Extended !)

Reference and examples:

Scanning Program Options

Document Sections Include:

HP Extended Scan  – Single, Multiple scans, Auto-Crop!

NAPS2  -- Not another PDF Scanner

And others…

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If all else fails, consider:  Remove and then reinstall the Avery software -- it is possible there is a glitch in the label program. ***

*** Heed the following:  

Only the old standalone Avery software supported Avery in Word tab -- that program may no longer be available from Avery download site -- and if it is available, it may not work as expected (I remember I had occasional issues with that version).  

If you have a copy of the "old" Avery in Word tab software, and if you expect to see it again, do not delete the program from your computer until you make sure you can reinstall it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.