Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7100

Hello!

I am trying to print 4x6 pictures from an iPhone or computer and the printer isn't identifing the correct paper size...it is thinking the photo paper is 5x7 (and doesn't give any option to change the paper size). The printer is new. We have tried restarting it and reloading the software with no luck. I saw a previous thread but never saw what finally worked. Any ideas?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@10Case

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the copy working fine?

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

To print from iOS Use HP Smart app. Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640 Using the HP Smart App

I suggest you do a Hard Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the printer firmware 

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119/document/c... and follow the instruction to update the firmware.

Restart the printer.

Update the iOS

go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Long search. None of the HP Support provided steps work. . And I realized that short USB cable would be handy.... see below..

Hopefully these things will help others, here you go:

Using:

• Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. But it can work perhaps in Windows 10 Home too.
  • Windows Photo App.
  • HP Envy 7100 Series (latest drivers installed and firmware), actual model is HP Envy 7155.

What worked:

• First installed the Printer as Wireless (HP something `LAN` when Windows names it. Note the LAN and can use it later). Followed the instructions from manual to set it up.
  • Then can install the Printer separately as USB (it uses the HP Envy Photo 7100 Series as name). Since printing from Windows Photo app from PC using the LAN name  doesn't work or recognize the Photo Tray.
    • sshot-7.png
  • Photo Printing from PC: The Photo Paper tray is only recognizable and prints if printer is hooked up into the USB cable. Use the HP Envy Photo 7100 Series as the name - not the LAN. It will not print the Photo from the LAN printer as the app seems to stop it from being recognized as a valid paper tray.
    •  You have to specify the exact paper settings as shown below when printing:
    • sshot-6.png
  • Photo Printing from HP Series App (Android): It works seamlessly. I had to upload though from a shared drive (OneDrive or Google Drive will do) and download it on the phone.
  • Regular Paper Printing works on both printers from PC.
HP Recommended

I have this problem too with HP Envy 7858 from Costco.    Will not recognize the photo paper when printing from any iPhone.   It thinks no photo printer paper is there, shows the photo tray greyed out on the printer screen.   Tried 3 different iPhones none worked.. 

Connectd to the same printer using HPSmart app on Android (Note10) and printed with no problem.   

Had this same exact issue with a different HP 7858....took the first one back to Costco and swapped for a different one..same issue on 2 different HP 7858s...

Was there no QC with this printer and Iphone??

Is there a resolution? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.