Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1022n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Loaded Windows 10 version 1809 on a Dell Precision M6500 laptop, no other software installed.

I have a LaserJet 1022n with ethernet connection to my router and 2 laptops connected wirelessly.

EasyStart finds my printer than hangs at the "Checking  your software..." step.

I am able to install the printer using the Windows Update driver but print jobs just keep repeating over and over again.

My other laptop with an earlier version of Windows 10 prints normally.

This laptop with Win 10 version 1803 had printed normally as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Spoiler
HP Support resolved the endless printing by disabling bidirectional printing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Spoiler
HP Support resolved the endless printing by disabling bidirectional printing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.