Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Changed some of my printer default settings under "Set Preferences" and hit ok.  Now when I try to get back in "Set Preferences" a pop up box appears with the following message:  "Function address 0xf749e08 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xe6d7363).  The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly".  Not sure what this means.  How do I correct or reset? Every time I try to get back into "Set Preferences" this pop up box appears and it will not let me back into "Set Preferences".  Unaware of any recent software or driver changes.  Printer hook-up is wireless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BarbQ, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Also, as you mentioned you are not savvy enough to try the steps on your own.

I would suggest you contact HP phone support. They should be able to take remote of your PC and help you in setting up the printer.

However, Please try the steps recommended below to solve Microsoft Visual C++ errors.

You have to reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.
You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and check if it helps.
Step 1: To uninstall the package:
a. Open Programs and Features.
b. From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
c. Right-click on it and select Uninstall
d. Restart the computer.
Step 2: Download and install the latest package and see if it helps.

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from Microsoft using this link.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @BarbQ, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you are getting error 0xf749e08 after changing the printer settings to default.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Remove any printer instance(s) that uses the printer driver(s) in question.
In the search bar type 'printui.exe /s /t2'. This will open the Printer Server Properties UI.
Open the Drivers tab.
Select the drivers of the affected printer(s).
Click on Remove. Click on Remove driver and driver package.
Confirm the deletions *
* You will most likely be unable to remove the drivers as the drivers are associated with some service(s) and/or 3rd party software (PPopup.exe for ex for some of ours (a print monitoring tool)). If this happens include steps 9 - 19 to resolve this.
Open up the registry (regedit).
Find the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Print Processors\
Rename any subfolders/keys from name to name.old. Ex: change winprint to winprint.old.
Open up local services.
Restart the Print Spooler service.
Repeat steps 2 - 7.
The driver package should now remove no problem
Back in the registry rename the Print Processors back to their original names. Ex: rename winprint.old back to winprint.
Close the registry
Restart the Print Spooler service.
Close services
Check your network printer settings on the server. Ensure all settings are ok.
Install the network printer on the client computer
You should get the 'Do you trust this printer?' prompt. If you do then click on Install driver and this means it is installing the drivers from scratch.
Test printing

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr. Robotman.  Thank you very much for your reply.  Would it be possible for me to just uninstall the printer and reinstall?  I am not very technology oriented and don't understand the instructions.  There is also another error box that pops up after the previous error message when I try to get back into "Set Preferences".  The second error message popup box states: 

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the applications support team for more information." 

HP Recommended

@BarbQ, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Also, as you mentioned you are not savvy enough to try the steps on your own.

I would suggest you contact HP phone support. They should be able to take remote of your PC and help you in setting up the printer.

However, Please try the steps recommended below to solve Microsoft Visual C++ errors.

You have to reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.
You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and check if it helps.
Step 1: To uninstall the package:
a. Open Programs and Features.
b. From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
c. Right-click on it and select Uninstall
d. Restart the computer.
Step 2: Download and install the latest package and see if it helps.

Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 from Microsoft using this link.

Link to contact HP.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks again for all your help Mr. Robot!

HP Recommended

@BarbQ, Thanks for your response and time too.

And I'm sorry I couldn't help you much.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.