Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

hello , 

recently I purchased a LaserJet Pro MFP M125a  today The Third Lamp Next to the Button lights Orange and In The Device ToolBox  in computer I got This Message "Supply Level : Very Low"  I went to the Computer Center and the seller refilled my  printer cartridge , But the Message still exist and the orange lights still active !!! so what's the proplem  ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This printer is designed to have to print cartridges replaced when they run empty. New printers come with "starter" cartridges, which do not contain as much toner as a normal toner cartridge. The next toner cartridge you buy will contain more toner.

These cartridges are not designed to be refilled. They are designed to be replaced when they are empty. The print cartridges have a memory chip on them that records vital information regarding the life cycle of the print cartridge. Simply refilling a cartridge will not reset the information on this chip. You will need to buy a new print cartridge every time they run empty in order to make the "low toner" or "very low toner" messages go away.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The OEM HP cartridges have a chip on them that dientifies them as a genuine HP cartridge as well keeps up with the install date of the cartridge and the estimated supply levels.

Simply refilling a cartridge will not refresh the information stored on this chip. I would recommend against refilling cartridges, because the drum seals and other parts are only expected to run for a specific life cycle. If these parts fail then you could seriously damage the printer-

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

SO , i didn't understand.

what should I do now ? 

HP Recommended

replace the defective cartridge with a new one.

HP Recommended

but I purchased the printer from only 1 Month ! It is normal to replace parts in the new printers ? 

and I have another Question , Is the type of the Ink can cause this proplem ? 

HP Recommended

This printer is designed to have to print cartridges replaced when they run empty. New printers come with "starter" cartridges, which do not contain as much toner as a normal toner cartridge. The next toner cartridge you buy will contain more toner.

These cartridges are not designed to be refilled. They are designed to be replaced when they are empty. The print cartridges have a memory chip on them that records vital information regarding the life cycle of the print cartridge. Simply refilling a cartridge will not reset the information on this chip. You will need to buy a new print cartridge every time they run empty in order to make the "low toner" or "very low toner" messages go away.

HP Recommended

well , I can't buy new cartridges every time to refill , it will cost me alot.

the seller didn't mentioned this to me, but he just say "you have to replace this cartridge after 5-6 times of refilling"

so , if I use this cartridge and Just refill it again , is this will hurt my printer ?

and is there any solution instead of buying another cartridge every time i want to refill ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.