Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Mac
macOS 10.12 Sierra

A single document will take from 2-15 minutes, sometimes hours, to print via my new MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.5 (Sierra).  It doesn't matter the document - PDF, JPG, Pages, etc.  I've tried clearning the print log, and uninstalling/reinstalling the ASU driver to no avail.  Is there a solution out there?  HP guidence offers only the ASU option for installing - might there be a generic I can try installing manually?  I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Thanks,

Sue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sbosevich

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One Printer seems to be printing with slow performance,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you performed a hard reset to fix this issue?

Did you try using the draft mode to increase performance?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Step 1: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can resolve slow printing issues.

Step 2: Check the print driver settings

Check the print driver settings. Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.

Step 3: Uninstall the print driver

Remove the print driver and software. Uninstalling the print driver allows you to install the latest driver version.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sbosevich

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand HP LaserJet 3055 All-in-One Printer seems to be printing with slow performance,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you performed a hard reset to fix this issue?

Did you try using the draft mode to increase performance?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Step 1: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can resolve slow printing issues.

Step 2: Check the print driver settings

Check the print driver settings. Selecting certain paper types or printing in Best or Maximum DPI quality can slow print speeds. Print with plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for faster print speeds.

Step 3: Uninstall the print driver

Remove the print driver and software. Uninstalling the print driver allows you to install the latest driver version.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Incredibly, resetting the printer worked!  I must have tried everything but that simple step.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

@sbosevich

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

And you are right, it's simple things that we overlook the most 😉

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous weekend ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.