Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My office bought a new printer and gave away the old one.  No one knows the password and I need to factory reset it.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dragonkngt03,

Good Day.  Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you check the user guide of the printer?

.I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

• It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. It may need to be replaced. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind.

From this user manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04316164 follow instructions from page 92 to restore the printer to factory defaults.

This should do the trick for you.

Otherwise, I will send a private message to perform an NVRAM reset on the printer that completely restores the printer to factory settings.

Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon for instructions.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Dragonkngt03,

Good Day.  Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it. Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you check the user guide of the printer?

.I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

• It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. It may need to be replaced. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind.

From this user manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04316164 follow instructions from page 92 to restore the printer to factory defaults.

This should do the trick for you.

Otherwise, I will send a private message to perform an NVRAM reset on the printer that completely restores the printer to factory settings.

Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon for instructions.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That fixed the problem perfectly.  Thank you much for the quick response.

HP Recommended

@Dragonkngt03,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the update. This is music to my ears. It is great to hear from you again. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you and a pleasure to work with you. Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care and have a blessed year ahead. Stay healthy and smile big. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My hp lj m225dn won’t scan or fax. 

Please send me help on NVRAM reset

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

@Levi4gran

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The service menu asks for a password. I'm looking how to reset without a password....

HP Recommended

@Yotta

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.