Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M177FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP M177FW

Product Number: CZ165A

I've had this printer for 2 years and I've never printed in large bulks. For the past 6 months I've used this printer sparsely and one day I've noticed faded vertical white lines on the left side of the margin. To be clear, it is not streaks as in ink marks of any color nor black. It is simply lines going from top to bottom where there is no ink printed at all. The faded lines aren't crisp sharp lines but instead fuzzy on the edges. 

I've searched online for solutions and the first thing I did was replace the Ink cartridges, which did not do anything. Second, I pulled out the drum and gave it a wipe with a microfiber cloth. Unfortunately it did not work as well.

I am posting on the HP Forums hoping someone out there could provide me a solution. Thank you for any input or suggestions.  

Left margin have lines of faded inkLeft margin have lines of faded ink

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi DecafOats,

It looks like something is blocking the laser glass. There might be just spilled toner on it, dirt or a small bit stuck there. Check the shutters as well. Especially that area of the laser glass where the paper is getting faded.

I hope this may help,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Hey Alex, 

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it. Would you mind telling me where the laser glass and shutters are located in the printer? I tried to google but nothing useful is coming up. 

HP Recommended

You will better need a Service Repair Manual for your printer model. Unfortunatelly, I am not allowed to provide you with one, as this is restricted information to qualified service engineers only.

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.