11-29-2019 10:35 AM
This P2015 has been a very reliable printer in all ways for years. But, today it gave me a false paper jam light and of course will not work now with that light on. I have turned it inside out to insure there is no paper jam. I have done everything I can think of to get it to reboot to get rid of the warning light. Ideas appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-29-2019 12:01 PM
You need to check carefully any of the paper sensor flags to make sure that none are sticking. Dust in the sensors can also cause false readings.
11-30-2019 01:43 AM
When you power on/off or open/close cartridge door will P2015 engine turning or not?
If it's not it may really have a paper jam somewhere.
If it is then you have a bad formatter needed to be replaced or you can bake it in the oven to see if it helps.
12-05-2019 02:31 PM
I followed the You Tube video instructing how to repair this problem by removing and baking the formatter. It works beautifully! The hardest part of the process is removing and replacing the side cover.
01-28-2020 04:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/document/c043483...
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee